Project: D&RGW 149, SW1000.
- Locomotive shell: scratchbuild out of Evergreen styrene strips and sheet.
- Chassis: Chopped MTL GP35 chassis.
- Handrails: brass (0.5 mm, filed flat) and phosphor bronze wire (0.25 mm).
- Sunshades, window wipers: BMLA
- Small grip brackets: leftover from ZTHEK.
- Trucks: Modified MTL GP35 trucks
- Couplers: Body mount MTL magne matic.
- Decals: Home made negative artwork, printed on transparent decal paper.
- Bell and horn: turned on a Dremmel clone.
- Top and front grid on the hood: made out of a used Lipton Tea bag.
- Window glazing: Kristal Klear.
Click next link to see how it was done: Building an SW1000 in Z-scale.